Friday, October 12, 2007

Family Ties

Today marks three years since my father passed away. I was blessed to be the daughter of a patriot and public servant who led by example in all things. We shared a love of parades and politics. He taught me that giving back was a responsibility we as Americans should accept gladly.
I'm sorry he's not here to offer advice and support for my quest to serve my community as a city council member but not a day goes by that I don't feel his love.I'm honored now to serve as curator for the Ronald D. Rankin Veterans Memorial Plaza at the Kootenai County Administration building. It was a passion of Dad's and a place meant to remind us all of those who've paid the price for our freedoms. Semper Fi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Kerri! I was looking for a photo today of the Eagle for a Veteran's Day assembly slide show we are putting together at my school. And here it is.

Love the blog...