Monday, October 15, 2007

Candidate Forum

The candidate forum held this evening at Post Falls City Hall will be rebroadcast daily on Channel 13 at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. I gave the following remarks in my closing statement:
Quality of Life will be defined differently by whomever you ask to describe it. But it boils down to feeling safe in our homes and on our streets, having clean, drinkable water come from our kitchen taps and an overall community we can collectively be proud of. Having a few dollars left in our pockets at the end of the month is good, too.

I love where I live and for over two decades demonstrated that with involvment and volunteerism. Serving you on the city council is a natural progression of that committment to our community.

My home phone number is listed, my email address appears in my weekly newspaper column and I’m out in the community on a daily basis. I will welcome your input and consider the opinions of all stakeholders when making decisions.

The best decisions are made when local government includes the opinions and views of the broadest cross section of citizens as possible. Government of the people, for the people and by the people is more than just a patriotic quote, it’s the cornerstone of every American small town, including Post Falls.
Your vote for me will bring you a true advocate of the people in all matters of city government.

No comments: